Wednesday, July 5, 2006

June's Round Up

June 2006 Round-Up (See The Roundup for details)
What books and/or magazines did I read this month? Magazines! I love magazines. BUT, I am trying to cut back. This past month, besides my usual scrap mags, I read Mary Englebreit's Home Companion and Guideposts. As for books, I read Goodbye Jimmy Choos by Annie Sanders.
What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month? Kayla and I rented Dark Water and we went to the theater to see Cars. I saw The Break-Up and a production of Grease.
What special days did I celebrate and how? Kayla's 8th birthday was June 11. It fell on a Sunday which was perfect. Amanda and Jayme decorated the dining room with streamers, banners and balloons. Kayla invited over a few friends. My family joined us. After eating cake and opening presents, the girls surprised us all by choosing to watch Nanny McPhee over going outside to play.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have in June? Need to lose weight, but that's every month. Cholesterol is up and of course thyroid is off again. Jayme's viral infection (he's all better). Kayla growth development appointment. Kayla's tonsilitis.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family? Hmm, I always have a good time with my family. Let's see, there was the Heinz picnic at Kennywood Park (rides, fireworks, food, Bingo), movies with Kay, Melissa's wedding on June 17, the rehearsal dinner on the 16th. And the everyday things, like it's been raining here a lot, so just walking in the rain with Kayla.
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try in June? I didn't cook anything new that I can recall. No new restaurants either. New restaurant for us was Palmeri's; and then just the regulars: Christos, Aladdins, and Kayla's favorites: Applebee's and Eat-n-Park.
What special or unusual purchases did I make? Nothing unusual. No new scrapping tools; nothing new for the house. New clothes for all of us though. (Used the wedding, the rehearsal dinner and Kennywood as excuses).
What were this month’s disappointments? Joey and Tera's behavior. Amanda's inability to see what a crud Kayla's father is. Knowing the car would need a lot to pass inspection. Jayme moving back home. I mean, when is it my time?????
What were my accomplishments this month? (1) Being June GDT for TreasurestoScrap. Such an honor!!! (2) Scrapped more. Am closer to my goal of 50 layouts for the year. Had I known that I would be scrapping almost every Friday night, I would have set this higher. No matter.
Anything else noteworthy to record about June? All in all, June was a good month. Got caught up on all the bills but the light and still chipping away at the real estate taxes. The school year ended and Kayla will be going on to second. Also discovered this cool site for staying up with scrap contests and what is due when: Pub's Calendar.

1 comment: