Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What's Going On?


So, what's going on in your neck of the woods? Woods - that's where I'd like to be right now. In the midst of woods - shaded, cool. We are experiencing temps of 90 degrees plus. I know for some 90 is nothing compared to 100+ and while I like it hot cool evenings would be appreciated. We do not have air conditioning so last night was pretty tough. Okay, enough about that.

Our house was built in 1915. I just discovered this and am thinking of a trip to the Recorder of Deeds to trace its former inhabitants. I think this would make a great scrap page.

Speaking of scrapping, Week 4 of Product Playground (Big Picture Scrapbooking) was playing with chipboard. Boy did I play! I took a 4 x 6 photo and mounted it on a thick 4 x 6 chipboard (covered that with pink WA) and sanded the edges of both the photo and chipboard; did the same with the quote; used a BG Undressed Chipboard Monogram, covered it with pink WA then stamped it using Stampin Up tiny roses stamp and green Colorbox Chalk, sanded the edges; took thin cardstock and cut out letters using Sizzix and used the same technique as with the Monogram. Sewed the pearls to the paper. Added ribbon and flowers. Don't you just love the Wild Asparagus!

Bad weekend. Friday was good, but Saturday I fell into a funky depression. Not good. Glad it does not happen all that often. I think my kids were ready to move out. Had Ben and Kayla. My shining stars! Sunday, Kayla and I packed a lunch and came downtown so she could run in the fountains. This year children need to wear a tee shirt. Some new law. Well, we didn't grab a tee shirt, just shorts, so we came to the air conditioned office and played a bit. Had our lunch outside where there was shade and a breeze from the river. Later, she and Amanda went out to visit Cammi. Tera is starting to show and we figure she is due around February. Let's see, yesterday - work; Kayla rode her bike to the store for a milk and a snack. She is so wonderfully talkative and just blows me away with her grown up way of talking.

Well, I guess that's it. There are so many contests and challenges lately, I have to make a list so I know what to work on this week.

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment