Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So Imagine My Surprise. . .


. . . when I made it to Round 3 of the Treasured Hunt! Wow! Am I in shock, and loving every minute of it. Challenge 3 was to use the word Treasure in the title and a few other rules, but I knew right away I was going to make a treasure chest. So this challenge was two new firsts for me: (1) monochromatic; and (2) paper piecing. Here is the result:





I love it. I am worried though that the pink paper is much too dark to be monochromatic, so I may not make it to the next round. Otherwise, it's been such a creative blast!

Kayla has been scrapping so much more and Amanda joined us one evening and scrapped a page of her own.

My other shock was making the first cut of the Effer's Last Scrapper Standing. Out of over 400 so much more talented than me girls, only about 195 went to the second round, me being one of them. The challenge for Dare 2 was to use 13 photos. I did. BUT, where on the first LO I loaded up for the initial Dare, I received 1 comment, this time I have receive none. And I am so not a freestyle scrapper. Mine look too Simple Scrapbooks (which is great for me, that's my style). So, I will not be disappointed when I do not make it to Round 3 (okay, maybe a little). Anyway, here is that LO:



Though I have so much more to post, it's almost quitting time and I have to hit the TTS boards, I am so behind on praise there. And I want to scrap some Elsie and Ali challenges, and then there's the Treasured challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment