Friday, May 2, 2008

Birthday Parties

Kayla's 10th birthday is coming up and while we are still taking her to Chicago, that trip has had to be pushed back for a few months due to circumstances that have arisen just recently. So, what to do for her birthday? Her operation is exactly 1 week before her birthday and we do not know yet what sort of recoup time we are looking at, what limitations she'll have, etc. We've done the Chuck-E-Cheese thing, the Zoo thing, the sleepover. I'm more the tea party type, she is not. This is not going to be easy. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I never was a birthday party person growing up. I truly only remember having one birthday party with friends and that was when I was in the 7th grade. I was happy with getting lazagna for dinner and cherry pie for dessert. Now, my sister was a huge birthday party person. She HAD to have a party every year. We still have one for her every year, but it's so easy cause she was born on January 1 and the family is always together the evening before. I still choose not to celebrate it big.

Cropping tomorrow!! Woo Hoo! I need to go home and pack all my goodies. I'm hoping to have some good scrappy mail waiting for me today. Fingers crossed!

It's going up to 76 degrees today with rain, but that's a-okay! The furnace has been shut off (again) and the windows are opened. I'm hoping the warmer weather is here to stay.

Anyway, have a great day, have a great weekend!

1 comment: