Friday, September 5, 2008

Is it September already? and the Empty Nest Syndrome

Gosh, time does fly! And we have been busy! There was K's operation and our vacation in Daytona, the girls and boy moving into their own home, a bigger load at the office, and just so much! It's been a whirlwind. But I have scrapped. Really. And I've taken tons of photos. And I've stalked blogs and participated in contests and we discovered that we could watch videos on our pc and Netflix has tons of instant viewing films in their cache, though Kayla is totally obsessed with Jeff Dunham and we watch two of his performances over and over again. Or we did. I am going through an empty nest syndrome. Well, partially. Jayme is still here and we get Ben on Wednesdays and every other weekend. But my baby, Amanda, moved into her new home (with Jerry) last Saturday and Kayla went on Sunday. Well, this is the second try. They moved in the week before on Sunday and came back home Wednesday. It's been a rough transition but I think we'll all get settled into a nice groove soon enough.

I've scrapped:





I've taken pictures:






We were in the middle of our vacation when Tropical Storm Fay hit. It was a very wet vacation. But we still had a blast!

Currently, I am participating in Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day class. This is my second year and she really gets me motivated. Also put my name in for the contest going over at Bad Girls. I participated last year, I am so out of my league, but I have a hard time passing up a good learning experience. Ooh, I hosted my first weekend crop at Sassy Scrapper's. I was so nervous, but it was so fun, I can't wait to do it again. Lot's of crops, monthly bingos and other good stuff happening there.

Hmmm, I feel good. Hope you are having a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I was starting to worry that you were never coming back to blogland! I've missed you but glad to hear that things are pretty good. Love Kayla's hair-she looks great! I miss all my YMP contacts but I've been keeping busy. Say Hi to Stacy and welcome back!
    ~Joyce

    ReplyDelete