Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 5

Today was lovely, yet brisk. The sky a beautiful blue, a peek of spring to come. Sigh.
I am slowly getting caught up at the office - it has been a busy week.

Stopped at Panera's on the way home to pick up sandwiches for dinner. I wanted Panini's but by the time I got there, they were out of Panini's. Excuse me, it wasn't even 6:00 p.m. yet. How does that happen???

I am so looking forward to the weekend. NOTE TO SELF: Turn clock forward one hour. I'll forget. It's supposed to be in the mid-60's. I hope to turn down the furnace and open the windows - let in some fresh air.

I talked to the girls this evening. It seems Kayla is not feeling well enough to spend the weekend at her Dad's, so I'll be seeing her Saturday. We plan on going to JoAnn Fabrics as they are having a pattern sale and then we'll get lunch somewhere.

Netflixed "The Happening" - it wasn't. Also, "Burn After Reading". That was different and there were some laugh out loud scenes.

Stopped at B&N and picked up two new books. Another Philippa Gregory, a writer whose works I am enjoying thoroughly. The other book is a new-to-me author, Kate Emerson. Another tale set in the days of Henry the VIII. I'll be adding them to my Good Reads section. I just came across that earlier today while blog-hopping and loved the concept. Every year I keep a list of books read. I have handwritten and manually typed lists starting from as far back as the early 80's of books I have read.

Well, it's getting late and I want to read a chapter or two before turning in for the night. And tomorrow is Friday and then the weekend - YES!

On my prayer list:
Terri's Dad and family
Kayla - that her throat feels better soon
Jayme - that he gets medical for that hernia

No comments:

Post a Comment