Thursday, June 18, 2009

A State of Emergency

That is what Wilkinsburg, along with two other communities, was declared last night. The storm(s) that blew through here were something out of Twister. I have never seen anything like it. Our street, our yards, flooded. The water was five steps from my first floor. I haven't even gotten up the courage to go look at the damage in the basement. The Fire Department was here, the gas company was here, news reporters were here. Part of the fence was taken down, part of the yard was dug up, the gas was shut off, we currently have no water. It's a nightmare. I was told that I'd probably need a new furnace, maybe a new water heater. Who knows about the floating washer and dryer. And of course, everything will probably need tossed. And that means all my Christmas decorations, Easter and Halloween, too.

Anyway, I have photos. This post was to be about our trip to Chicago, but I'm just not up to it.

I need to go cry again. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment