Saturday, August 28, 2010

The A.M. and the P.M.

Well, talk about pampering oneself. I slept in til 10:00. Thank goodness my Mom called because I was to be at the field at 10 to watch Mel and team play. They are in a softball tournament this weekend. Well, the other team was a no-show, so we play again at 1:15. A quick dash home to gobble down some breakfast - Fiber One bar and hot tea, and then to get dinner into the slow cooker. I chose to make sweet barbecue pork - one of my favorites. The sweet is in the sauce. Into a saucepan, stir 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 2 Tbs. sugar, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbs. butter, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar. Simmer til the sugars and butter are melted. Pour over pork roast. The house will be smelling delicious when I get home.
Before

I meant to take an after photo but we ate it before I thought of it.

Oh, so not such a good start to my spa weekend. While eating breakfast, I've had to replan my plan. I need to fit in a 4 mile walk, upper body training, some reading, a salt glow (so looking forward to that), a facial, manicure and pedicure. I also have to clean out that extra bedroom so that Rob can paint the floor. But right now, back to the field. Later!

The P.M.

The second game was a loss, but we will be back at the field at 12:00 tomorrow as it is a double elimination tournament.  Mister surprised me with a call and said he was coming over.  So, I dashed home thankful that I had put that pork roast on.  Jumped into the shower, mixed up a loaf of Tastefully Simple (my go to's in a crunch) Beer Bread (substituted the beer with sprite) and got that baking, and tossed a Caesar Salad. A little t.v., good food, conversation, lovely, lovely day! After Mister left, I continued on with my spa weekend.  First, the salt rub, which I had been so looking forward to.  After you have filled your tub with bath water, you put 2 cups sea salt in a bowl, get in the tub and get yourself wet, add a little water to the sea salt, mix and then vigorously rub on your body.  Don't worry about the salt that falls into the tub, you are going to soak in that.  I promise you your skin will feel so good, so smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment