Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In the Rack this Month:


I love magazines. Love them!! I don't subscribe and I know, I know, I could save money if I were to.  But here's the deal.  I LOVE B&N and I go there OFTEN.  I also do not always buy the same magazine month after month and  I always use by B&N discount.  So this month in my mag rack and on the coffee table, bedside table, kitchen table, well, you get it, are the following:
 
Martha Stewart Living's Home Issue.  I always look forward to the Home Issues and as I am in the process of s-l-o-w-l-y redecorating most of the rooms in my house, this issue is really inspiring and chock full of doable ideas.  Also, be sure to check out Kevin Sharkey's Big Reveal on line here
Martha Stewart Living also has a fabulous on-line treasure trove of ideas. Be sure to check it out here.

Better Homes & Gardens.  I will admit that the cover is what attracted me to this issue.  My Mom used to make doughnuts from Pillsbury biscuits,  She would use a doughnut cutter, deep fry the dough and roll them in sugar.  YUM! These were such a treat. For on-line extras, treats and more, go here.  For fabulous recipes, check out Project Foodie here.
Next and I realize I'm behind as the new issue has hit the stands (Note to Self: take trip to B&N to pick up new issue), is the Summer issue of Artful Blogging. I am a visual person and this magazine fills the bill.  Each issue is a feast for the eyes, full of inspiration and beauty.  I'll also be looking for the new issue of Somerset Home and Where Women Create.  You'll find a sampler of their other publications here.

A new to me publication, Table, is geared towards the residents of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I hadn't known until I visited their website that our area had a grocery store that would deliver (I'm SO there!).  I signed up for the newsletter and am going to treat myself to a 1 year subscription.  You can read more about Table at their site.

Another new to me magazine is Life: Beautiful.  I picked up the fall issue.  This is a national, inter-denominational, Christian lifestyle magazine. It is published four times a year and although the Fall issue is on the newstands, their website is currently showcasing their Spring issue.  This is another beautifully photographed magazine with articles focusing on the everyday experiences such as parenting, cooking, decorating, etc.


That's just a sampling.  Of course, my favorite time of the year is almost here and there will be a smorgasbord of holiday magazines (my absolute favorites) so I have been putting pennies in the pickle jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment