Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays. . .

. . . well, can't say they get me down as I happen to like rainy days, it's umbrellas I do not like.  At all.  Hate carrying them.  I had a Totes umbrella once.  You know, the convenient kind that fits in your purse.  I was walking to work one morning and it was pouring and, seriously, in slow motion, I watched the top, the umbrella itself, slowly tumble to the ground.  And I was standing there holding the handle, just the handle.  It was so embarrassing.  I picked that thing up and threw it in the trash can.  Next was a golf size umbrella, they cover you, yes, but this was lightweight and when it's pouring slashing rain and the winds blowing, and the stupid thing blows inside out and you are fighting with this, well, it's downright embarrassing.  I threw that in the trash can, too. I now have another golf type umbrella, huge and reinforced, it's fab.  But I still hate carrying umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment