Saturday, October 2, 2010

And it's Raining All Over the World . . .

 . . . well, maybe not all over the world, but it's raining in mine.  Oh, Hello October!! 

 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is my hometown, always has been, always will be.  Downtown Pittsburgh is about a 10-20 minute drive depending on the weather/traffic.  It’s small compared to Chicago and Philadelphia, but we have our share of great features.  The Point.  The Incline and the overlooks along Mount Washington where you can see forever.  The Clipper Fleet, the stadiums, the sports teams - Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins and Pirates.  Heinz and DelMonte headquarters are on the North Shore.  The train station. the National Aviary, the Andy Warhol Museum, Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, the Carnegie Science Center, the Strip District.  And that’s just a sampling.
The house I am currently living in is the house I grew up in.  It’s a 10 room house, with entrance and a basement, front porch, back porch, fenced in yard both in front and back.  It’s a fabulous ramshackle of a house and I love it.  It needs SO MUCH work, but slowly, slowly, I will get it together.  If money were not a concern, I would update both kitchens, both baths and well, I will, s  l  o  w  l  y.

No comments:

Post a Comment