Sunday, October 10, 2010

So Lonely

The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
I'm so lonesome I could cry

A year ago my weekends were so full.  K would be staying over. Ben lived here.  My sister would be coming to dinner, Mom would want to go shopping.  Now, the kids are on there own, as they should be and that's a good thing. My sister now resides in heaven and she is missed.  My Mom is caring for my Dad while he recovers from a heart attack.  A year ago if I were asked what I wanted, I would have laughed and said an hour of peace and quiet.  Well, I got it. Tenfold.  And it ain't pretty.
On the bright side, it really is a lovely day.  I went for a walk earlier and plan to take another after supper.  I need to finish spraying the headboard and I need to do some laundry. 
It's a start

1 comment:

  1. I have lots of the same feelings. It's been a really tough week for me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete