Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today

The weather is holding its own despite the lightening/thunderstorm we had last night.  The sun is shining today and the temperature is 61.  I like the rain though.  I love to hear it on the roof and the earthy smell that rises up when the first drops hit the ground.  My room is on the third floor 1) because it is so quiet up there; 2) because heat rises so it’s the warmest part of the house; and 3) because I am right under the roof, the sound of the raindrops lulls me to sleep.  What I didn’t appreciate was the huge crackling thunderbolt that left me scrambling for my covers.  In hindsight it was funny; at the time it wasn’t. 
Today, as I said, is gorgeous! An attorney I once worked for is now in our building, so we went to lunch at Elements.  Good food.  A little pricey, but then I prefer to cook rather than eat out. 
Let's see, I worked late, redecorated a bit for Halloween, watched The Biggest Loser, made cinnamon muffins, went to bed.  All in all, it was a good day.
Amanda sent me this photo of my sweetest girl walking to the school bus stop:
My K - in the 6th grade ALREADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment