Monday, December 6, 2010

The Good and the Not So Good

There are only two Christmases that stand out as being not so good.  One was when I was younger and found the gifts in a closet.  I looked at them all and when Christmas morning rolled around, I was so disappointed in myself as I already knew what I was getting and the excitement and anticipation was not there.  I NEVER looked again!  The other Christmas was when I was older and had three small children.  I made the fatal mistake of counting on a Christmas bonus to buy the childrens' gifts and Christmas dinner.  I learned that year what I should have known all along, that bonuses were optional and should not be counted on.  Everything turned out as the office manager made an accounting error and it was found right way so that we all got our bonuses, but it was scary there for a while.  Christmas since has always been paid for way before receiving any bonuses.  As for the good - with the exception of those two, I have had 51 grand Christmases!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment