My parents have subscribed to Guideposts for as long as I can remember. One issue had focused on Dr. Peale’s steps to positive thinking which made a huge impression on me. This past year has been a good/bad year. The good is I lost 40 pounds, eat better, walk regularly, met a great guy, kids are all settled in their own homes, still love my job, have my own house (thanks Mom and Dad), have a car (thanks Cath!). The bad is my sister’s 8 month “battle” with cancer. It was a no contest, cancer had her from the start and took her from us in June. Mom had a knee replaced, Dad had a heart attack. M & M lost a fabulous and loving mother, I lost a best friend and loving sister. It was bad. It’s still bad, but we cope. Which brings me to The Power of Positive Thinking. Which is what I am reaffirming in 2011. Thinking positively about life, love, health, career.
1. Lose 10 pounds this month. I am using WW old points system (it works for me) and I will write down what I eat - I
CAN WILL do this.
2. I enjoy FlyLady and came up with a clean routine plan that works for me, I need to get back to that 28 days makes a habit mode and follow my routine - I WILL do this. I didn't do this. Will try again tomorrow.
3. Love - (sigh), no changes here (for now).
4. Career - Keep on doing what I’m doing. Maybe stay focused more.
5. Health - aside from losing - EXERCISE. I WILL do this.
So, today’s plan:
1. The office - 8:00 to 5:00 - check
2. Breakfast - oatmeal - check
3. Drink water (oh, did you know you should drink half your weight in water a day?) (12) check
4. Lunch -
cottage cheese with pineapple Went to lunch with Jim. Penn Fish Company. We split a tomato bisque, some fish sandwich and sushi. check
5. Drink water (24 oz).check
6. 3:00 - Snack - 1 orange check
7. Drink water (36 oz)
8. Home by 7:00
9. Begin clean routine, and 1 load laundry (threw in a load of laundry, took a nap)
10. Drink water (48 oz, ugh, am I floating yet?)
11. Exercise - walk 2 miles, body sculpt, zumba (walked 60 minutes)
12. Drink water (60 oz)
13. Dinner - either salad or fast powder (bowl of raisin bran with cranberries thrown in)
14. Drink water (72 oz - done!)
16. If I can make it, watch Tabitha’s salon takeover at 10. (it wasn't on. watched jersey shore and skins)
17. 11:00 - BED (12:00)
Of course all of this is subject to change.
|I look to the east. This was taken this morning from the Wharf. It is Station Square.|
|I look to the west. Also taken from the Wharf. It is Mt. Washington.|