Monday, January 17, 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking

My parents have subscribed to Guideposts for as long as I can remember.  One issue had focused on Dr. Peale’s steps to positive thinking which made a huge impression on me.  This past year has been a good/bad year.  The good is I lost 40 pounds, eat better, walk regularly, met a great guy, kids are all settled in their own homes, still love my job, have my own house (thanks Mom and Dad), have a car (thanks Cath!).  The bad is my sister’s 8 month “battle” with cancer.  It was a no contest, cancer had her from the start and took her from us in June.  Mom had a knee replaced, Dad had a heart attack.  M & M lost a fabulous and loving mother, I lost a best friend and loving sister.  It was bad.  It’s still bad, but we cope.  Which brings me to The Power of Positive Thinking.  Which is what I am reaffirming in 2011.  Thinking positively about life, love, health, career.

1.         Lose 10 pounds this month.  I am using WW old points system (it works for me) and I will write down what I eat - I CAN WILL do this.
2.         I enjoy FlyLady and came up with a clean routine plan that works for me, I need to get back to that 28 days makes a habit mode and follow my routine - I WILL do this. I didn't do this.  Will try again tomorrow.
3.         Love - (sigh), no changes here (for now).
4.         Career - Keep on doing what I’m doing. Maybe stay focused more.
5.         Health - aside from losing - EXERCISE. I WILL do this.

So, today’s plan:

1.         The office - 8:00 to 5:00 - check
2.         Breakfast - oatmeal - check
3.         Drink water (oh, did you know you should drink half your weight in water a day?) (12) check
4.         Lunch - cottage cheese with pineapple Went to lunch with Jim. Penn Fish Company. We split a tomato bisque, some fish sandwich and sushi. check
5.         Drink water (24 oz).check
6.         3:00 - Snack - 1 orange check
7.         Drink water (36 oz)
8.         Home by 7:00
9.         Begin clean routine, and 1 load laundry (threw in a load of laundry, took a nap)
10.       Drink water (48 oz, ugh, am I floating yet?)
11.       Exercise - walk 2 miles, body sculpt, zumba  (walked 60 minutes)
12.       Drink water (60 oz)
13.       Dinner - either salad or fast powder (bowl of raisin bran with cranberries thrown in)
14.       Drink water (72 oz - done!)
15.       Shower
16.       If I can make it, watch Tabitha’s salon takeover at 10. (it wasn't on. watched jersey shore and skins)
17.       11:00 - BED (12:00)


Of course all of this is subject to change.

I look to the east. This was taken this morning from the Wharf. It is Station Square.


I look to the west.  Also taken from the Wharf. It is Mt. Washington.

1 comment:

  1. life can be tough esp if we face it alone. So am glad that God loves us and His son Jesus the Christ died to pay the price for our sin. A personal relationship with him gives strength for the journey through life..... Water is good but to much of any thing can have negative effect.

    ReplyDelete