Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

May your day be filled with love.

I made a list of my top favorite love stories.  They include (not in any particular order):

The Notebook - a tear jerker.  But the love - I want to live a romance like this. 

Dr. Zhivago - this movie is beautiful. The scenery, the music, Julie Christie.

Splendor in the Grass - my children refuse to watch this with me.  They say they can't hear the actors for the loud sobbing that emits from my body. It's true, I do cry through most of this film.  It gets me.  She loves him SO MUCH and he, well, he messes up.

An Officer and a Gentleman - what we all want - rescued.

The Bridges of Madison County - oh my. What would I have done?  What would you have done?

Gone with the Wind - not only have I watched this about twenty times, I've read the over 1,000 page book, twice. Love it! Love it! Love it!
When I first started watching this movie, I have to admit, I was like, this is stupid, I'm not watching this. I was totally wrong.  This movie is FANTASTIC. The love this man has for his child is, well, beautiful! 

And the Mister gave me flowers.

2 comments: