Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lesson in Art = How Do You Perceive Art?

One weekend last September, on a very rainy day, K and Kai and I headed out to the Carnegie Museum for a little history and exploration.  We visited the Art side (K doesn't let me go there often) and works of Pittsburgh artists were being showcased.  The girls learned that art is how YOU, YOURSELF perceive it.



We carefully looked at each piece of art and each gave our opinions.  We were lucky enough to meet one of the artists and get their perspective.  Once we viewed all of the pieces, we each chose a piece we liked best and one we all liked.
The Girls' Choice
I, personally, am drawn to paintings (real paintings, not digital renditions) BUT that's my personal choice.  I also have a penchant for winter scenes. Love them!

My Choice

I mention this because Images of Works of Paul Thek: Diver, A Retrospective is a current featured display at the Carnegie Museum of Art and I’d like to check it out.  K’s vote will be for the Science Center which I find rather boring. O. She finds the art museum boring. Got it. Give and take.  I guess we’ll do both.

The Favorite of All

No comments:

Post a Comment