Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring

Spring really is right around the corner, the first day is March 20, 2011.  The Tulips, or are the Daffodils, I have to ask Amanda, anyway, they are pushing their way through.  See:


These keep coming back every year thanks to Amanda's green thumb
We are have been experiencing LOTS of rain, so much so, that the Wharf is never going to open (slight exaggeration)., and now we are back to snow. 
Getting  a lot of use out of this (I am not a fan of umbrellas, though)
Last night the Mister came over and we tried the Pinnacle Cotton Candy.  Thanks Mister, you are always a good time! Then, I went bowling, but was late and only bowled the last game.  And then, well. . .sleep.
The plans for this weekend have changed slightly as K is going to a dance tonight and having company for the weekend.  So, I will be having my hair done, packing for my trip (but will we be making that trip if that storm hits the West Coast?? Mel, your thoughts??) and taking some video of M & B.  Oh, and getting K’s room sorted out once and for all!  Then I can post the “AFTER” photos since I already posted the “BEFORES”.  
Company one night this weekend and I promised an action movie.  Probably ‘Unstoppable’ though I would rather watch drama or romance or. . . action is way down on the list. 
Oh, so let’s get back to Spring.  Here are just a few things that I am looking forward to: 
Opening all of the windows in the house and feeling that breeze flow through.
Dying Easter Eggs with the little ones.
The way the earth smells after a Spring shower.
WALKING in the sunshine.
The world dressed in its green finery with dashes of color.
The zoo (you can do this in winter, too, but warm weather is nicer).
The boys’ softball games.
Phipps Conservatory.
P.S. a/k/a NOTE TO SELF: TURN CLOCK FORWARD 1 HOUR, SUNDAY, MARCH 13, 2011 AT 2:00 A.M.

2 comments:

  1. With the switch to daylight savings time this weekend it will surly seem more like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip will be happening no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete