Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thinking Christmas . . . Already!?!

Mom came over this morning and we made breakfast. Then we sat and poured over catalogs for ideas for our annual Ornament Exchange Party.  I know, I know, that's six months away.  BUT! planning is half the fun!!! and it's never too early for that.  Anyway, we are thinking of a candy cane theme - Snow White and Rose Red. Gosh, it's been a long time since I've read that fairy tale.  I saw a cute jar filled with peppermint sticks in one of the catalogs (jar and sticks not for sale), so a-thrifting we will go!
Not too soon after Mom left, Cammi and Jade arrived.  Jade brought her Curious George with her, so we snuggled up and watched movie one of Curious George.  Made popcorn.
Later that day, Mister joined me for a lovely evening.  I made pork loin sandwiches and pasta salad. We watched a few innings of the Pirates Game.
I have to say, today was just lovely!
Jade hiding behind George
Cammi, not too old to join us
Jade out of hiding
George and the Man with the Yellow Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment