Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Back in My Day...


12/12/12 Christmas Past

My parents were awesome.  My Dad worked at Sears and whenever the big toy catalog came out, my sister, brother and I would write out our lists.  I am sure we got everything we put on our lists.  During our baths on Christmas Eve, one of Santa's elves would ring our doorbell and leave new p.j.s.  My folks hosted a Christmas Eve party for many years.  There was always laughter and joy that night. Christmas Day was spent like this: wake up brother and get him to wake up parents, open gifts, dress, if we didn’t go to Midnight Service, then we’d go to morning service, then off to Grandma D's for breakfast, Nana's for lunch and Grampa's for dinner, then finally, back home.  We never really got to play with our gifts until the 26th.  But our Christmases were always filled with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment