Monday, May 20, 2013

Today . . .

. . . I am still working on WONDERFUL.  With K’s help, all bills with a May due date have been paid.  With A’s help, the house is staying neat.  She was at the house Thursday, and I have to tell you, coming home to a cleaned house is divine! 
I had a fabulous long weekend with my family (took Friday off so it was extended).  My Eldest bought a car and I now have mine back, sooooo, I picked up K and Baby E and we headed on over to the Waterfront for lunch and some creative shopping (Michael’s for scrappy stuff; Giant Eagle because K is making mole´).  Last week she made Panna Cotta from scratch for our Mother’s Day dessert.  It was delicious and I was extremely impressed.  
Friday night, we continued with our Family Movie Night tradition.  Joey’s girls were over and we popped corn and settled in to watch Mama.  I don't think there is anything my children (including the grands) like better than horror films, although we always follow up with a cartoon or comedy.  And sometimes we sleep with lights on.

I had bought my Eldest and his two girls season tickets to Kennywood Park (his chosen Christmas gift), and they, along with Kayla, spent Saturday riding.  Amanda went to a wedding and I kept the three boys.  Thankfully, Mom came over to help.  The weather was perfect and Brendan and Jake were able to play in the yard.  Mom and I (and Baby E) watched Jack Reacher – good thriller!  Especially good because it was filmed in Pittsburgh and we were able to identify with so many sights.
Most exciting was “discovering” this APP which I played with most of the weekend. It’s my newest obsession - just look at "Instagram" on the side bar.  Tee hee. 
Sunday was another gorgeous day.  My Eldest and his girls woke super early as Cammi was in a 3 mile race out at Hartwood Acres. She didn’t win, but she finished.  GO CAMMI!   Mom and K and I we went out for lunch.  Stopped at Target to look at shorts for K.  Back home we settled in on the front porch and my niece came over with her baby.  It was a lovely afternoon.  Heck! It was a lovely weekend!
Baby E

No comments:

Post a Comment