Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Favorite Thanksgiving Themed Films


This is my list of a few of my favorite Thanksgiving Day films.  These are the movies that scream Thanksgiving to me, that make me laugh, make me cry, make me grateful.  In no particular
order, they are:

Planes, Trains and Automobiles - John Candy, Steve Martin – What Thanksgiving is really all about.

Jack and Jill – Adam Sandler. 

Home for the Holidays  - Anne Bancroft, Charles Durning, Holly Hunter, Robert Downey, Jr.  This file is one of my absolute favorites.  Going home for the Holidays has never been more fun.

Pieces of April – Katie Holmes.
  
What’s Cooking?– Mercedes Ruehl

The Big Chill – Star studded cast including, Glenn Close, JoBeth Williams, Tom Berenger…

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – The Peanuts Gang – it’s not a holiday without them.

Holiday Treasure – Jason Robards.  This one and The House Without a Christmas Tree, and Mr. Sycamore, I enjoyed these as a teen and watching them with my children when they were little.    
Unless the last one is shown on television or I can find it on Netflix, I will not be watching it as I believe its only in VHS form (have to do a bit of research) and I do not have a VHS player.


No comments:

Post a Comment