Friday, November 1, 2013

Welcome November!




It’s November and that means it’s time to get out the Soup Bowl. . . or Bowls!!! 
November   - one of my favorite new traditions while cleaning up after Thanksgiving dinner is making this fabulous recipe – Turkey Casserole. I found this recipe here.  This dish is fast, easy and what a way to help use up leftovers.

November is such an exciting month.  There is so much to do, the shopping, the events, and, of course, the turkey!  Lots and lots to do!!!  My month is shaping up to look like this:

November 2 – 5:00 p.m. Thanksgiving dinner at Church. Arrive 2 hours early to help set up.
November 3 – Daylight Savings Time, set clocks back 1 hour.
November 11 – Veterans’ Day
November 12 – Joey’s 37th BD
November 17 – Ben’s 9th birthday. 
November 22 - Light Up Night
November 28 – Thanksgiving Day.
November 29 – Black Friday. Shopping? Maybe.
November 30 – 6:30 a.m. Train Station. Off for a mini holiday.

I also begin my Christmas countdown this week.  I’ve broke open a new Mary Englebreit journal for writing all my holiday lists and to-dos.  A few items on my Holiday To-Do List (Week 1) are:
1) Set budget for gift giving;
2) Write out gift list (confirm sizes, colors, etc.);
3) Work on Thanksgiving Day menu;
4) Create Holiday Calendar – mark special dates;
5) Begin shopping; and
6) Browse catalogs for gifts, order.
Going to fill this little delight with LOTS of good things!



No comments:

Post a Comment