Thursday, January 2, 2014

Here's What's On My Mind

“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”  - Saint Francis of Assisi 

Two years ago, I created a master list of all that needed done to my house, i.e., fix roof, paint kitchen, clean stove, move yellow bookcase to family room, move glass cabinet to kitchen, etc. (plenty of it is still ongoing).  I walked through each room and literally put down everything that needed done from lying new tile to scheduling an electrician to fix sockets to getting bids for a new roof and so on.  I set the list up for printing out on Avery 1/3” file labels and typed each task onto each label. As each task was completed I stuck the file in my planner on the date it was complete.  (I use a DayMinder Weekly/Monthly planner).  Looking back over that planner has inspired me to do this again and keep track of my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment