Thursday, January 23, 2014

For the Love of: Plants

Plants.  I am a killer of plants.  I love green, lush, leafy plants. I like how they prettily liven up a corner that needs “something.” However, unlike my Mom and my three children, all of which have incredible flower/vegetable gardens, my skills in keeping plants alive are lacking.  Now, I do have one plant that has been with me since my Grandma C. passed numerous years ago.  It thrives, I’m not sure how or why, but it does and in fact I just had to it cut back as it’s tendrils were crawling across the floor and getting stepped on.  She’s beautiful (her name is Emma) and I’ve tried so hard to give her company only to find yellow leaves, brown leaves, no leaves, dead plant.  


Emma
Luckily for me, recently in my inbox from “HomeMadeSimple,” there was an article entitled 5 Indoor Houseplants You Can’t Kill.  PERFECT!!!!  AND K-Mart was having a sale on Jade and Cactus plants.  

Jade

I also took one of the cuttings from Emma and that’s currently sitting in water (growing beautifully) til it roots. 
Sprout of Emma
I am hopeful that these babies hang in there with me so that I can eventually accent every room in the house with big, beautiful plants.  AND, if my house is still filled with greenery at the end of 2014, I will have realized one of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment