Saturday, January 25, 2014

WHAT TO DO IN JANUARY

I realize we are almost through January and here in Pittsburgh we have spent most of the month (and will continue) hibernating as this very cold blast moves through.  The furnace broke in my daughter’s house and she and kiddies are coming over for a staycation (ages 15, 6, 4 and 9 mos.) so I’ve compiled a list of things we can do through the end of January.  Also, my car is still in the garage as the mechanic is having trouble finding lenses for my 15-16 year old car so we are definitely homebound.

1.            Make Kool-Aid Play Dough.  I’ve found many recipes on-line and will use the recipe found at Kraft.     

2.            Make hot chocolate.  I have made this recipe since my children were wee little.  They love it and it’s always a treat.  I’ve always used Hershey’s Cocoa and this recipe.

3.            Have a movie night.  Percy Jackson, Wolverine and The Croods on On Demand this month.

                Note to self: Pick up popcorn.

4.            Found at Little Wonders’ Days, I am loving this Frozen treat idea!

5.            Have a WII Bowling or Just Dance competition, or both.

6.            Play board games.

7.            Cook a meal together.


I think this list is a good start to a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment