Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I Love NYC

I've finally uploaded the photos from my last trip to NYC.  It was the weekend right after Thanksgiving and just before the lighting of the tree in Rockefeller Plaza.  I hopped on the "Pennsylvanian" early Saturday morning (it's about 9 hours by train, but I love that, too!)  The weather in NYC was perfect.  Not too cold, definitely not warm, but not cold.  I didn't stay in my usual favorite place, but chose a hotel a few streets over from Times Square so as to branch out and explore new areas of NYC.  This place is electrifying and I absolutely love it!!!!  I hope to be back there SOON!
Eataly
One evening, I had dinner at Eataly's. Eataly's houses about nine restaurants.  They all had waiting lists. Seriously.  There is also a market throughout and a wine shop.  This place has to be seen to be believed.  I had a fabulous meat and cheese plate at one of the stand up counters.  It was incredible and that was just the start.  I got a table at Le Verdure and ordered the Zucca Al Forno.  A delicious plate of oven roasted butternut squash, with parmigiano reggiano, and toasted pumpkin seeds, doused lightly with breadcrumbs and a balsamic vinagrette.  Oh My Gosh!

I did some shopping, bought a few Christmas presents while I was there.  Made a stop at the American Girl Doll store and FAO Schwartz.  Macy's (but that was for me).  I bought a few ornaments at Bryant Park's Winter Village.

Lots of shoppers and ice skaters at Bryant Park

This little set up was filled with lovely ornaments
Bill's Bar & Burger
For lunch, I met up with a friend for the most yummy burgers at Bills Bar & Burger.

I then took a long walk to check out store windows dressed for Christmas.

Lord & Taylor's windows featured a vintage "Christmas in New York" theme:

Macy's windows embraced a boy's journey through a magical place:

That evening, I met up with my friend and we took a cab to The Plaza Hotel. This place is lovely. Inside and out.

Although it was a short weekend visit, I packed alot in.  The trip was relaxing, totally needed, and I am so looking forward to going back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment