Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday - The Beginning of Lent

In February, on the 16th to be exact, when it was announced in our Church bulletin the date of Ash Wednesday (beginning of the Lenten season), I knew right away that I didn’t want to give up something as much as I wanted to give.  I knew I wanted to give more to our Church and more to our Community’s food pantry and more by really digging through my home for unused articles (and there is still quite a bit) and donating to the VA/Goodwill Industries. 

On a health related level, I knew I wanted to walk a mile (or more) every day the forty days of Lent.  That same day, well evening, I expressed these thoughts to Kai and K.  Kai immediately asked to join in on the walks.  It’s harder for K to walk long distances, so we told her if she made it the two miles to Starbucks, not only could she have a treat, we’d put her on a bus and meet her back home. 

On a spiritual level, I want to read more, pray more, mediate more.


I will tell you that as I get older, I can see me changing. My views, the way I want to live, the way I want to relate to the people in my life.  I don’t know if it’s because I am older or maybe am maturing (what?!) or what, but I want to surround myself with good things and live my life good.

No comments:

Post a Comment