Friday, October 24, 2014

Well Read (what we are currently reading)

As I have mentioned before (and not just once), I have a passion for holiday themed books.  One of my favorite writers of holiday themed books is Leslie Meier.  I thoroughly enjoy her Lucy Stone series.  Currently, I am reading Trick or Treat Murders by Leslie Meier on my Nook. 
Kayla is, begrudgingly, reading “Little Women,” as it is part of her Literature/Composition studies.  I, personally, love this story and have read it quite a few times.  I’ve also seen every movie version, the 1994 version with Susan Sarandon, being my favorite. 
We are also reading excerpts from Christopher Columbus’ journal (History); becoming educated about Ebola (Health) and learning about sound waves (Science).
October additions to Elliot’s ever-growing library, include Fisher Price’s Halloween is Here (what child does not love to lift the flaps?), and books from Kayla’s younger days.  After he has had his dinner, been bathed and dressed in pajamas (little ones in pajamas (love it!!)), we sit down to read a handful (or two handfuls) of his little books.  This simple ritual has fast become one of my favorite times of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment