1. November is a great month to keep a gratitude journal. You might make your own journal, or jot down thanks in a notebook, on index cards or keep a list in your notes on your phone. If you are looking for ideas on how to start a gratitude journal, you might consider this article.
2. Bake pumpkin pies.
3. Read a classic (Little Women, David Copperfield, Of Mice and Men, etc.)
4. Make crockpot apple cider. I have never made apple cider before so I will be using this recipe found at The Frugal Girls.
5. Collect acorns.
6. Make a Thanksgiving craft with the kiddies (use the acorns).
7. Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving with the family.
8. Cook up a pot of Winter Squash Soup. I found this recipe at epicurious about three or four years ago and made a batch. I really wasn't sure if my family would like it. My Mom has requested it be made at our last two Christmas parties. It's delicious!!
9. Make homemade applesauce in the crockpot. I usually make mine on the stove top, but this season, with the baby and all, I'm all about crockpot recipes and this looks easy and delicious!
10. Host a board game party for the day after Thanksgiving. Eat leftovers!
And there you have it. My list of ten things I will be doing this November.
Peace and giving,
Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
~ Hansa Proverb