Friday, November 7, 2014

Around the House - Collections

I can't say that I have a huge collection of any one thing.  I don't.  I do have small collections of favorite things.  All-around-my-house.  This little collection of vintage sits atop a cabinet in my upstairs bathroom.

The Mrs. Stewart's Liquid Bluing still contains blue liquid.  This was sitting in the bathroom cupboard for years.  I don't know if my Mom had bought it (unlike me, she ironed everything!), or if it came with the house.
This Chickcock Whiskey metal can is pretty rusted.  It was found in a windowsill in the basement.  I believe the Coleman lantern was also in the basement and the Crawford's Scotch Whiskey bottle, I don't know.
Just imagine the history behind each of these items.  Who may have been their former owners? What supermarket or general store were they sold out of? Oh! the stories each could tell.

Peace and giving,
Trish

Do not take anything for granted - not one smile or one person or one rainbow or one breath, or one night in your cozy bed.
~ Terri Guillemets
D

No comments:

Post a Comment