Saturday, November 15, 2014

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS - CHECKING IN

Week 2 of my Holiday To-Do List was:
1) Continue shopping for gifts;
2) Begin buying nonperishable items for Holiday dinners;
3) Decide on table settings and linens, the good china?
4) Stock up on Holiday themed paper products;
5) Decorate for Thanksgiving ;
6) Send out Thanksgiving invites.

1. A good amount of gifts have arrived in the mail waiting to be wrapped. I ordered quite a few more yesterday and will order any remaining on-line purchases at the end of the month.  I should be pretty much finished by then.
2. My Mom “shops” her pantry first.  She’s a mini grocery store.  I’ve got most of my canned goods from her, i.e., cranberry sauce, carnation’s milk, green beans.
3. I am going to use my autumn tablecloth and these adorable pumpkins my Mom made a few years ago will again adorn my table.  

Even though it is going to be only three of us for dinner, I am still setting a pretty table, using our good dishes and silverware.
4. We took a trip to Sam’s last weekend and picked up some pretty ornament themed paper products for holiday entertaining.
5. Not many decorations for Thanksgiving, but enough.
6. No invites this year.  I am always for my children making new traditions with their families.  This year, my daughter has been working more out of the home and just wants to be home.  I know that feeling.  She is doing her own cooking and I am so proud of her.  And who doesn’t want leftovers?!

Peace and giving,
Trish

Hem in your blessing with thankfulness so they don't unravel.
~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment