Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Happy Birthday . . . to Me!

What a wonderfully busy week.  Our Annual Ornament Exchange party was Sunday.  The menu included two firsts, Shepard's Pie (I used Rachel Ray's recipe, only I doubled everything).
The other new to me dish was Grape Salad.  Oh man, this was GOOD!
Add some crusty bread, good butter, and shortbread cookies (made by Janet, thanks Janet!!) and what a treat!

As you may have guessed, the menu theme was loosely based on traditional English menus.  I ordered Traditional Christmas Crackers from Barnes and Noble for the goodie bags we sent home with each guest.

I think, at least I hope, that fun was had by all.  I know I really enjoy seeing everyone, for a few, this is the only time we get to see each other.

Other happenings this past week:
Chloe Lynn arrived on December 7th.  She's a beauty!! Congrats Mike and Jolene!
My Aunt Peggy (my Dad's sister) passed away, God rest her soul.  She was a sweetheart and we always looked forward to her too few visits (she lived in New York and more recently, Florida).

Elliot, in trying out his pitcher's arm, threw a Thomas Train that hit Kayla in the forehead.  It did leave a bump and a bruise above her eye (though hard to see here).  I know it hurt and she cried, but she is my biggest Drama Queen.
Ahhh, it's a good life!

Peace and giving,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment