Monday, May 18, 2015

The Weekend Revisited

Elliot needs a dog.  I know he does.  And we will get one.  Eventually.  BUT first, the house needs put to order AND we need to get our mini vacation out of the way.  THEN we will begin the hunt for the perfect dog.  For now, here is Elliot with his favorite "dogs".
Elliot and his Dalmation pup
and with his newest addition, Clifford
Saturday was the Annual Regent Square yard sale.  It started at 8:00 a.m., however, I didn't get started until 9:00 a.m.  I was set on getting a dresser for Elliot's clothing, and by George, that's what I did.
I found this vintage treasure probably 15 minutes after starting out.  The asking price was $30.00.  SOLD!  It's heavy, wooden and the priority (for reasons known only to myself and Kayla) already put together!  When my first son was born, I had my Mom's dresser from when she was a little girl. It was the original brown wood and I think a bit smaller.  Sadly it was passed around expecting family members and left in Texas.  I was very happy to find this dresser. We will be painting it and changing the knobs and relining the drawers.  The only other purchase was a toy piano that Elliot found.

It was a lovely weekend, mostly hot with a rainstorm or two thrown in. We spent a lot of time playing in the yard and washing up a ton of laundry, reading books, drinking ice tea, eating ice cream AND napping.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment