Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Goal List for June 2015

The typical lightning bolt moves at 224,000 mph, or about 3,700 miles per second.  That feels about the speed of each of my days this year. 

We are in JUNE!  Kayla will be 17!!! 

Woe is me!  
I want to scream, “STOP! THIS RIDE, I want to get off.  
Just for a little while.  
Just long enough to spend hour upon hour sitting with Elliot playing endless games of car crash, and putting the Thomas the Train track back together at least 5 times in a 2 minute period.  Wiping up cracked egg off the kitchen floor (he can open the fridge and has a fascination for breaking eggs).  I want to cuddle him for hours on end, and read to him his favorite storybooks over and over.  I want to sit with Kayla and listen to her excitedly explain to me the different pigments in eye shadows (she’s a pro; I still have no idea what she’s talking about).  I want to spend more time sitting on the front porch with my Mom looking through coupons and LTD catalogs, drinking Pepsi and making lunch.  I want to sit in each of the rooms of my house, and take a good look around, instead of bustling through in search of lost keys, or glasses or even the hair straightener.  I want . . .

This month my goals are to:

-              sit for hours on end with Elliot playing endless games of car crash and putting the train track back together;

-              wipe up cracked egg off the floor;

-              cuddle with both Elliot and Kayla, read books, and learn about eye shadow pigmentation;

-              sit on the front porch with my Mom, drinking Pepsi, looking through catalogs and eating lunch; and

-              sit in each of my rooms and take inventory.

What are your goals for the month of June??

No comments:

Post a Comment