Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekend Reviewed

The weekend, for me, was fantastic! The weather - lovely, mostly in the upper 70's. Felt more like October weather.  I wanted to go to the drive-in Friday, but all the exits coming back home were closed for weekend construction.  So, we just hung around the house.
Uncle Joey and Elliot
Elliot- The Guitar Man


A little visit
Saturday, Mom and Elliot and I took a computer chair that I was going to get rid of, out to my eldest son, Joey's, new place.  The house is darling and the grounds are fabulous!  He hasn't much furniture yet, but we are working on it.  Which brings me to ...

A little thrifting
On our way to have lunch, we stopped at the Goodwill in Monroeville.  Now, this was not a part of our morning plan, but talk about being in the right place at the right time.  There were two couch beds sans the mattresses for $15.00 each.  One was in much better shape than the other.  Joey really needs a couch so now he has a couch.  I am going to search on line for decent priced mattresses.  Elliot got a Thomas the Train toy (with battery - it works!) and I got this fab chair ($9.99) to replace the one whose bottom was sitting on the floor.  These kids are rough on furniture! The best is that Mom used her Senior Discount and we got the couch for $13 and the chair for $8.



The Urban Garden
Elliot loves to water the garden.  This time we were able to start picking veggies.  The tomatoes are yum!  Doug and I snack on those.  Think I'll make cheesy nachos and use a few of the jalapeno peppers.

A late night ride
So, it's been a great day and I am trying to watch Birdman (maybe I was too tired or it was too boring) but I kept nodding off until my phone rang.  Calls after 10:00 p.m. are rare and I'm always a bit afraid it's bad news.  It was actually my daughter needing a ride.  To my house. She went home later the next day.  Kids!

Sunday
Beautiful day!!!! I got right up and started the laundry, cleaned the hall, the living room. Started cleaning what will once again be the dining room (kids moving in, kids moving out).  Doug's (K's boyfriend) gave us two dressers which Mom and Doug picked up.  Hallelujah! These dressers are so badly needed.  Now, K has no excuse for having her clothes EVERYWHERE!!!  Elliot off to visit with his Dad. Doug to visit with his Mom.  Amanda home to work things out.  The Mister and I spend a little quiet time together.  And then everyone came back home.  

I love my life.  That's not said with sarcasm.  I really do love my life. The ups, the downs, all of it. I'm just happy to be here. 

How was YOUR weekend?

Peace and happiness!

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment