Saturday, September 12, 2015

CAN YOU BE TIRED OF YOURSELF?

That is the question that I asked myself just the other day, because frankly, I’m feeling pretty tired of me.  No, first I thought, I’m tired of myself.  And then I asked the question.  And then I googled the question to see if I was the only one tired of their selves.  

Guess what?  

I am not the only person who has felt this way.  Fleur-de-livres was feeling that way early in 2014.  I found the post here at Go Go Group Think.  I could totally relate to how she was feeling.

I began reading the comments and I must confess that so many made me smile and some even had me laughing out loud and feeling a little better about being tired of myself.  But not too much, because sadly, my being tired of myself has made many others tired of me, too. Or so I think so.  Actually, I know so, because I’ve been a little short with a few.  And not very nice. And that’s not fair. 

How to become untired of oneself?  Googling that question brings hits of how to re-energize your physical self, a page from a 1916 Good Housekeeping book that also included how to dry lettuce, and then some Shakespeare essay.  Not quite what I was looking for.  

I went back to reading the comments left on Fleur-de-livres’ post.  The funny comments aside, there was some good advice, like, take a break from yourself.  Do something impulsive.  Get a drastic haircut (I won't be doing that).  

I'm thinking of getting in the car and driving to the mountains.  Not to throw myself off of one, just to enjoy the quiet beauty and reflect.  

I'll let you know how that works out.  

Or if, maybe, you've been tired of yourself at one time or other, you could let me know how you worked it out.

Peace and happiness,

Trish.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment