Okay, it’s that time again. Time to get your planner, and review last week’s list. (You can see Week 2 here).
By now, your calendar should be filled with fun things to do. Especially this time of year. In fact, you may have even done some of the activities that you booked in your planner. So far, we have visited the pumpkin farm. Today is the Zombie Fest and next week we will go to Zoo Boo.
1. This is the week we mail out the invitations to our annual Halloween Party.
Shopping and Cooking
2. With the menu finalized, finish shopping for your nonperishables this week. Also, begin making and baking any food items that can be frozen ahead of time.
3. Finish buying or making any decorations and begin adorning your home. So far we’ve decorated mantels and side tables. This week we will decorate the windows, and front door.
4. Is your costume bought (or made). To prevent last minute anxiety of what to dress up as, decide this week and buy/make your costume. Last night we made a quick stop at the Halloween store and picked up latex (for scars), a bone (for a cavewoman’s hair, a necklace and scathe for a Michonne (The Walking Dead) costume. Elliot is going to be a Minion, we bought his a few weeks ago.
5. Are you making or buying favors (or a little of both)? Put together your little goodie bags and hide from the kiddies. (But don’t forget where you’ve hid them…)
Don’t Forget the Table
6. With your theme in mind, purchase the paper plates, cups, napkins, tablecloth, plastic ware. The Dollar Store is a great place to start. But don’t wait too long as they tend to sell out fast of the seasonal goodies.