Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Favorite Book Series - When Being Entertained is Good Enough

Lucy Stone is a busy Mom, who started working out of the office nights at a mail-order company, and later graduated to reporter at the local newspaper.  Along with raising children, baking cookies, helping others and pinching pennies, Lucy also helps solve the occasional murder.

I love to read.  I love the smell of new books.  When I was a teen, I worked as a page at our local library.  Besides babysitting, that was one of my first jobs.  Lately however, I have been purchasing books on-line from B&N and downloading to my Nook (iphone).  So much more convenient when traveling by bus to and from the office and more room on my bookshelf, though you will find a pile of favorite Christmas books (I adore Christmas theme stories) and all of the Shopaholics books put out to date, on the shelves.  I also like “series” books.  One of my favorite writers is Leslie Meier and I adore her Lucy Stone Mysteries.  Light and often humorous, these little mysteries are fast reads and I always look forward to the next.  I am currently re-read, MAIL-ORDER MURDER (first published as “Mistletoe Murder”).  I first read this book years ago and it just stayed with me.  I am so much further into the series now and working my way through.
So, if you are looking for something light and enjoyable, nothing too deep or heavy, check out this delightful series.
Do you have a favorite series?
Enjoy,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment