November here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has come in like a lamb. The weather is gorgeous!! This morning at 5:50 a.m. it was a balmy 64 degrees. I just wore a light sweater to the office. While this sort of weather won’t last, we are enjoying it right now.
I like Thanksgiving. I do; and while I like spending time with my whole family (that includes nieces/nephews and their young ones), I like that Thanksgiving is just a small affair for us. Oh, I still cook up a fairly large turkey and all the yummy sides, but it’s a much more relaxing day with just a few of us.
Thanksgiving, a time for reflection and thankfulness. A time for counting your blessings. Here’s what I love about the month of November.
1. Thanksgiving dinner (of course)!
2. Sweeping the falling leaves into piles and (this year) Elliot jumping in them – that was just last night.
3. Christmas cactuses are beginning to bloom.
4. Fall scented candles – such as Yankee Candles Sugar & Spice and Vanilla Bourbon.
5. Family traditions.
6. Preparing for Christmas.
7. Wearing super-soft sweaters.
8. The Thanksgiving Day Parade.
9. The scent of lit fireplaces in the air.
10. Counting our blessings.
What are your reasons for loving November?