Friday, November 6, 2015

Ten Reasons to Love November

November here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has come in like a lamb.  The weather is gorgeous!!  This morning at 5:50 a.m. it was a balmy 64 degrees.  I just wore a light sweater to the office.  While this sort of weather won’t last, we are enjoying it right now.

I like Thanksgiving.  I do; and while I like spending time with my whole family (that includes nieces/nephews and their young ones), I like that Thanksgiving is just a small affair for us.  Oh, I still cook up a fairly large turkey and all the yummy sides, but it’s a much more relaxing day with just a few of us. 

Thanksgiving, a time for reflection and thankfulness.  A time for counting your blessings.  Here’s what I love about the month of November.

1.         Thanksgiving dinner (of course)!

2.         Sweeping the falling leaves into piles and (this year) Elliot jumping in them – that was just last night.

3.         Christmas cactuses are beginning to bloom.

4.         Fall scented candles – such as Yankee Candles Sugar & Spice and Vanilla Bourbon.

5.         Family traditions.

6.         Preparing for Christmas.

7.         Wearing super-soft sweaters.

8.         The Thanksgiving Day Parade.

9.         The scent of lit fireplaces in the air.

10.       Counting our blessings.

What are your reasons for loving November?

Warmly,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment