Now that Halloween is over, it's time to put away the witches, ghosts and pumpkin decorations and turn our attention to the next holiday - Thanksgiving. Besides Christmas, Thanksgiving is my next favorite holiday. This November, I want to focus on family, home and all that I am grateful for.
November is going to be a very busy month. Halloween just ended and Christmas is right around the corner. I think sometimes, Thanksgiving gets a little lost in the shuffle. So let's bring on the excitement, and start planning a grand Thanksgiving today. Ready to start? Grab your favorite notebook and your favorite pen. My current favorites are a Mary Engelbreit Journal (Christmas cover), you can find these for $1.00 at Michael's Arts and Crafts Stores. The pens - Sharpie Pen (LOVE THESE) in red, black and blue. Try Staples or Office Depot. Alright, let's get started.
WEEK 1 ASSIGNMENTS:
1. If you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, now is the time to think about your guest list. Write it. Finalize it. Send invites, telephone, text or email. Keep a list of the RSVP's.
2. Plan your menu. Gather your recipes all in one place - this will save time later.
3. If you are having a fresh turkey, order it now.
4. Think table-scape. Choose your serving pieces, such as platters, over-sized serving bowls, gravy boat, serving spoons, etc. Are you using your best china? Pull out your tablecloth, linen napkins, do they need laundered or pressed?
5. Think centerpiece. Are you making it, buying it or using a special family heirloom?
That's it for this week. Not too much, but just enough to get you started and keep you organized.