Tuesday, January 12, 2016

REFRESH – YOUR BODY


In an effort to be more mindful of my health this year (I currently have a humongous fever blister and a head cold), I have resolved to do the following:

1. Drink water and lots of it.  I struggle with this.  Drinking water is like a dreaded chore.  There are honestly days, if it were not for tea, coffee and a soda, I would have no liquid at all.  I know water is so good for the body.  I’ve tried flavoring powders, which I like, but it gives me heartburn.  Anyway.  This year, I am making a huge effort (using a water tracker) to get the water in.  How much to drink?  POPSUGAR and WebMD both suggest drinking half your body’s weight in ounces. Ex: 150 lbs = 75 ozs water.  Hmmm, I’ll be drowning by the end of the day, but a promise is a promise.  Pass the water pitcher, please.

2. Exercise, preferably in the morning.  I have re-downloaded the 7 minute app and already have one workout under my belt (short, I know, but it’s a start).  Also, for me, our office is on one floor, our file room, kitchen and mail room are one floor below.  My “new” exercise routine consists of taking a walk down one set of stairs, cross a long hall, and come up the stairs on the other side of the building every 60-90 minutes (depends on the work load how often I can “take a walk”).

3. Make an energy drink.  Now, I like to chew my food.  Call me strange.  I really don’t find much satisfying by drinking your meal.  However, my middle son and his wife gave me a Nutri-Bullet for Christmas, which K totally loved, and which we have great plans for, like, actually using it.  A co-worker gave me a free (free!) bag of Tropical Strawberry Shakeology which we are now going to put to use. 

What about you? How have you resolved to take care of yourself this year?

Warmly! Trish 

No comments:

Post a Comment