Wednesday, February 10, 2016

ASH WEDNESDAY - THE BEGINNING OF LENT


Today marks the first day of Lent, the time when we prepare for Easter.  A time of increased prayer and increased giving. A time of sacrifice.  I thought about what to give up for Lent.  Excess was the first word that came to mind.  Give up the excess.  I googled the word.

ex·cess

ik’ses, ‘ekses/

noun
1.  an amount of something that is more than necessary, permitted, or desirable.

2.  lack of moderation in an activity, especially eating or drinking.

3.  exceeding a prescribed or desirable amount.

PERFECT!  Enough truly is enough. 


In addition to giving up the excess, DO MORE, GIVE MORE, LISTEN MORE.  That doesn't seem much of a sacrifice, more like something I SHOULD be doing. Give, donate, do more…for the Church, for the Community, for my family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, people I meet or pass by everyday. I know there is so much more I can do.  There is so much more I want to do.  What about you?
Affectionately,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment