Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MAY'S TO-DO LIST


This month is all about Spring Cleaning, still.  Especially now that Finn (the Chiweenie) has joined our family.  NO toy or dropped pennies are safe.

As I mentioned once before, Elliot (he's just turned 3) has low iron and high lead levels.  To combat the lead (breathed in - lead paint dust), we've had The Allegheny County Health Department visit our home and analyze same.  They were awesome and brought lots of goodies to keep house and little man safe, i.e., such as smoke alarms, fire extinguisher, night lights, baby gates, flashlights, radon reader, HEPA filter sweeper, cabinet locks, Mr. Yuk stickers, door mats and more.  Now, as for the lead-paint dust, did you know that mostly gets stirred up by walking on the floorboards?? Yep, no more uncovered floors.  We need to carpet or tile.  and those paint chips on doors and woodwork - paint it again.  And keep the dust down.  By washing all walls, top to bottom and wet dusting.  We have three rooms completely done and 7 more to go.  Though Kayla, bless her little heart, washed down the walls in the downstairs bathroom for me yesterday, so tonight I'll wash the floor and hang up the new shower curtains I bought last week at Bed Bath and Beyond.

This week I am participating in Ali Edwards' Week in the Life.  I am doing it a bit differently this time around as my day to day from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. is pretty routine (I'm in the office all day), so I've asked Kayla to take photos throughout the day of her and Elliot and then we'll put it all together at the end of the week.  We did this for Day in the Life recently and I really loved how it made the day more complete.

Other stuff on the To-Do List - vet appointment for Finn, eye appointment for K, make my eye appointment, put in for the 31st off (going to make it a long weekend), celebrate, embrace and enjoy each day.

What's on your to-do list?


No comments:

Post a Comment