Thursday, November 3, 2016

Countdown to Christmas, Week 1

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! 
This week I began my Christmas countdown.  I’ve counted down Christmas for what seems like forever.  I start by purchasing a new journal for writing all my holiday lists and to-dos.  This so gets me in the mood for celebrating and making the most of the holiday season.
On my Holiday To-Do List for Week 1: 
1) Set budget for gift giving; 
2) Write out gift list (confirm sizes, colors, etc.); 
3) Work on Thanksgiving Day guest list
4) Work on Thanksgiving Day menu; 
5) Create Holiday Calendar – mark special dates; 
6) Begin shopping; and
7) Browse catalogs for gifts, begin ordering.
Kayla and I have been working on lists of gifts and budgets.  With the exception of new p.j.’s, stocking stuffers and a few outfits, Elliot is pretty much done.  Earlier this week, we took Elliot to a toy store and told him that he could pick a few toys that he would like Santa to bring.  Then we took the toys to the back of the store and Santa’s “helpers” [lay-a-way} would make a list and send it to Santa.  Worked perfectly.  We are also able to check BB and JJ off the list.  I picked up Dylan’s gift this morning.  Grilled the older boys this past weekend for what type gift cards they wanted (GameStop and Playstation).

As for our Thanksgiving plan, only my eldest son is coming for dinner.  K will most likely go to Doug’s house later in the day.  I’m thinking of just roasting a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey.  We are more into the sides anyway.

We are so incredibly busy this year, there is definitely not enough hours in our days.  There are gifts to be made and parties to attend (and host), and decorating and so, so much more.  This IS the best time of my year.  

Have you begun counting down to Christmas??  

No comments:

Post a Comment