Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Countdown to Christmas, Week 2

Week 2 has officially begun.  This is what I plan to do this week: 

1)                  Continue shopping for gifts.  Kayla and I have added a few more items to our shopping list that we plan to buy next payday.  Our list is getting shorter!!
2)                 Begin buying nonperishable items for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Thanksgiving will be the normal fare.  This Christmas we are changing up.  Kay and I will be baking the ham and everyone else will be providing a dish.  I am really looking forward to that dinner.
3)                 Decide what table settings and linens to use for each holiday dinner.  We will be pulling out the good china for Thanksgiving.  And of course, a centerpiece.  Sometimes I’ll indulge in a new tablecloth (Burlington’s has great prices on tablecloths!)  And candles.  Yankee Candle just sent a coupon and a brochure of their new fall scents.
4)                 We are stocking up on Holiday themed paper products, i.e., plates, cups, eating utensils, place mats.  There is nothing like a prettily set table using china and linens for the main dinners.  Holiday themed paper products are fun for potluck and impromptu get togethers.
5)                 Decorate for Thanksgiving.  I have to find my little pilgrim figurines.  The Dollar Tree had some very cute honeycomb decorations.  I picked up a turkey for the hall table.
6)                 Buy crafting supplies.  Elliot will be creating works of art to give as gifts this year.  We need a new supply of paints and brushes.  I am trying to whip up a few crochet items and Kayla is working on a baby blanket.
This is how our week is looking so far.  How are your Holiday preparations coming along?


No comments:

Post a Comment