Wednesday, December 21, 2016

PREPARING FOR 2017 OR WHAT’S YOUR PLANNER LOVE?

Along with last minute Christmas shopping, and wrapping, and cooking, I have been thinking about 2017 and how I am going to make the most of it.  For keeping me on track and somewhat organized through the end of this year and the new year, I am using a calendar and a notebook.  Let me say right here that even Kayla has realized how much more we accomplish when we make a list.  I am currently using a 2017, 17-Month Weekly Planner (Aug. 2016 – Dec. 2017).  The calendar is an Orange Circle Studio, Paris themed and the illustrations are lovely, the quotes inspirational, and the calendar blocks roomy enough for entering appointments and notes.  Orange Circle Studio uses soy-based ink and cotton canvas covers, and the calendars are recyclable, too.  Check them out on-line here or in person at your local Barnes & Noble.

Of course, 2017 has not yet arrived and the little book is already filling up with events and memorabilia.  Accompanying the calendar is a Moleskine pink, lined notebook, wherein I keep my lists, quotes, recipes and more, using the bullet journal method.  Moleskine is my favorite type of notebook – any size! 
My current favorite pen to jot my thoughts, appointments and lists with is the Sharpie, fine point pen, in black, red and blue.
My favorite Post-Its are the 4 x 4 Super Sticky, lined, in any color collection.  Even though the whole back is sticky, they are still removable.  I use the post-its for lists, such as my daily to-do lists, groceries to pick up, books to look for at the library, bills that need paid, etc.  I stick them to the calendar, to the back of my wallet, even to the front door.
The first thing I did when I bought the planner was filled in family and close friends’ birthdays.  Then, upcoming events, such as birthday parties, members’ nights at the Zoo, and doctor and dentist appointments.  I paperclip and/or staple appointment cards (for quick phone/address info); movie theater stubs, party invites, VA pick-up reminders, paint chip cards, oh, and all sorts of ephemera that will be fun to look back on in years to come.


Have you gotten your new planner/notebook/calendar for the upcoming New Year????  If not, what are you waiting for???

No comments:

Post a Comment