Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a favorite romantic movie

Below is a list of our favorites, along with the famous duos and the actors/actresses who made the screen sizzle.
My personal favorites list has a lot of classics (in K’s word “oldies”) on it.  I’m always surprised when I’ve mentioned a love story in the presence of a young one and they’ve never heard of it or seen it.  What the….What?!  Therefore, I asked K for her favorites to hopefully round out my list.  Please note that she chose Tony & Maria (Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer) from West Side Story.  Newsflash chick: that’s a classic!
In no particular order, here are my top picks.  You will note that they do not change much from year to year.  I know what I like.

In no particular order:

1. The Notebook –Noah, Jr. & Allie Hamilton. (Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams).  A tear jerker.  But the love - I want to live a romance like this.  

2. An Officer and a Gentleman – Zack Mayo & Paula Pokrifki (Richard Gere & Debra Winger).  What we all want - rescued.
3. The Bridges of Madison County – Robert Kincaid & Francesca Johnson (Clint Eastwood & Meryl Streep). Oh my. What would I have done?  What would you have done?

4. Life is Beautiful – Guido Orefice & Giosue Orefice (Roberto Benigni & Giorgio Cantarini).  Now this film is not a typical romance movie.  I must admit when I first started watching this movie, I was like, this is stupid, I'm not watching this.  I am so happy I am too lazy to change the channel because I was totally wrong.  This movie is FANTASTIC. The love this man has for his child is, well, beautiful! 

5. Splendor in the Grass – Wilma Dean Loomis & Bud Stampler (Natalie Wood & Warren Beatty).  This is a tough movie for me to watch.  My own children will not watch this movie with me.  The way she looks at him, ah, the love.  And the heartbreak. Pass the tissues.

6. And then there’s Moonstruck. Sweet, funny, uplifting.
What are your favorite romantic films?

Love & Affection,

Trish






No comments:

Post a Comment