It is important this month to carefully think about how you want to spend January. What you do this month will set the tone for the rest of the year.
We want to get off to a good start on this New Year. We do not want to waste a second of it, therefore we’ve chosen for our main goal this month to “spring clean’ the house, room by room and get organized. There is so much we want to accomplish this year and by setting and beginning the new year on a positive note, we are sure to succeed.
This week we will be working in the kitchen and upper hallway. Clean along if you so desire.
In the Kitchen:
1. Gather any Christmas decorations and store in a temporary box until all is collected and ready for storage.
2. Declutter area
3. Clean counter tops.
4. Clean microwave inside and out
5. Wipe down cabinets and hardware
6. Clean outside of appliances
7. Clean inside of refrigerator
8. Clean stove, wash removable burners in warm, sudsy water, dry
9. Bleach sink (if it’s porcelain like mine), rinse well and dry
10. Dust baseboards
11. Wipe fingerprints from switchplate and doorjambs
12. Launder curtains and replace
13. Sweep and mop floor
14. Gather trash
We have an upper hallway that connects the downstairs, with openings to the second floor bathroom, bedrooms, kitchen and stairs to the third floor. It’s a tiny area but still manages to collect dirty laundry, cat toys, shoes, and crumpled paper.
In the Hallway:
1. Declutter area
2. Dust cobwebs, ceiling and baseboard
3. Vacuum carpet
4. Mop floor
We will spend the remainder of this week, keeping these two areas clean. Fingers crossed.
To New Beginnings!